My debtor lives in Northern Ireland - what can I do?
As part of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland operates under very similar enforcement rules to that of the English and Welsh courts.

However, as with Scotland, there are some slightly different rules which means any judgment for enforcement in this area has to be transferred to the Northern Ireland Enforcement of Judgments Office.

So when it comes to enforcing your judgment in Northern Ireland, Shergroup can help you:
  • Transfer your judgment from the courts of England and Wales to the Northern Ireland Enforcement of Judgments Office
  • Transfer other European orders to Northern Ireland, from countries outside England and Wales, and manage the process for you
  • Undertake informal doorstep visits to debtors in Northern Ireland to discuss payment of your judgment
To discuss these options in more detail please fill in our Foreign Judgment Transfer Form which is the only form you will have to complete and let us do the rest for you.

And as always, if you want to speak to one of our knowledgeable team about the options you have just call us on:

+44(0) 845 890 9200