My debtor lives in Scotland - what can I do?
Unlike many providers Shergroup Legal’s know-how doesn’t stop at the borders of England and Wales. Our expertise stretches into the rest of the UK including Scotland, where we find the enforcement system is very similar. That said, there are some clear differences which we can help with.

So when it comes to enforcing your judgment in Scotland, Shergroup can help you:
  • Transfer your judgment from the courts of England and Wales to the Sheriff's Officers in Scotland
  • Undertake as your agent more appropriate methods of enforcement (you may hear it called "diligence") depending on the assets of your Debtor
  • Transfer other European orders to Scotland, from countries outside England and Wales, and manage the enforcement process for you
  • Undertake informal doorstep visits to debtors in Scotland to discuss payment of your judgment
To discuss these options in more detail please fill in our Foreign Judgment Transfer Form which is the only form you will have to complete and let us do the rest for you.

And as always, if you want to speak to one of our knowledgeable team about the options you have just call us on:

+ 44(0) 845 890 9200